In Your Corner: Homeowner in dispute with contractor
OKLAHOMA CITY – Marcia Daniels’ house is a mess. “The corners of the house are rotting.” she said.
She hired Tim Jones from Amerihawk Inc. to restore the property.
He did some demo work and even started a few large repairs.
But six months later, the project is in limbo.
“Nothing is consistent,” Marcia said.
Rotted wood still needs to be replaced.
Underneath the house, Jones and his crew moved dirt, so they could raise the floors, which still aren’t complete either!
Marcia said, “Apparently they moved enough dirt from the wall that it caused a free flow of water underneath the house and to resolve the problem they dug a trench around the outside of the house.”
Marcia says she was forced to spend thousands of dollars on a new french drain.
In all, she says she’s out about $14,000.
Jones left some of his tools behind.
Court records show he’s done this same thing at least once before.
Marcia’s left voicemail after voicemail.
We left the contractor six more detailed messages.
Meanwhile, Marcias continues to lose money on the property.
She’s unable to rent it out.
Plus her insurance company is threatening to cancel her homeowner’s coverage, since the place has sat vacant for so long.
We’ve instructed Marcia to file complaints with several state agencies, including the Oklahoma Attorney General.
Late Monday afternoon, we received a call from attorney Travis Smith.
He represents Tim Jones. He offered up this rebuttal to the allegations.
- His client hasn’t been ignoring anyone.
- Jones did all the work he was paid to do and then some.
- Jones’ work underneath the house didn’t cause the property to flood.
- The contractor had every intention of finishing the job, but Marcia refused to pay him the remaining balance on the contract.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'