Keeping Halloween fright-free for pets
Halloween can also be a scary night for your four-legged friends.
Veterinarians have a few tips on how to keep the fright to a minimum for your pets.
- Keep all chocolate and raisins away from dogs
Chocolate can cause everything from excitement, seizures, increased heart rate and vomiting. Raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs, even just a small amount.
- Don’t let them near the door when trick-or-treaters come knocking.
A frightened pet may bolt and officials said the chances of them getting hit by a car increase on Halloween night.
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- GRAPHIC: Oklahoma man said he found his stolen mule tied to tree, starved to death