UPDATE: Alleged baggy pants burglars caught on home’s surveillance tape
OKLAHOMA CITY — Burglars break down a door to a metro home in broad daylight – but never notice a security camera capturing their every move.
The crime happened about a month ago at a home in the 500 block of SW 64th street.
In the video, a young male can be seen ringing the doorbell and looking through windows to see if anyone is home.
Before he kicks in the door, he has to pull up his baggy pants – twice.
Two other criminals can be seen following him inside.
Police say they ransacked the home, stealing laptop computers and other electronic equipment.
The homeowner says the crooks were lucky the family wasn’t home.
“If he had been kicking at my door and that’s when I found out about it, I would have gotten my shotgun,” Myrna Smith said. “He actually looked at the video camera several times. You could see him looking in that direction. You’d think he would have seen it and been deterred by it.”
The Smith’s door is now reinforced with steel bars.
They urge everyone to get security cameras for their home.
There may be a crimestoppers, (405) 235-7300, reward for anyone with information on the criminals’ identity.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse