Anadarko’s police chief on leave, girlfriend claims he chocked her
ANADARKO, Okla. – Anadarko’s police chief is on paid administrative leave after his girlfriend got an emergency protection order against him.
Authorities said David Lynn Edwards is accused of choking his girlfriend among other violent acts.
The girlfriend wrote in a court document that he “pushed me to the point I fell and grabbed me by the hair and pulled me across the room about 20 feet or so. Grabbed my arms and left bruises.”
It is expected that the police chief will be in court Tuesday.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online