New OKC bus station opening soon, Union Station closing
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Union Bus Station, associated with Greyhound, will be closing and moving to another location this week.
The new terminal, at 1948 E. Reno, is only two miles east of the current location.
Greyhound, who carried about 75,000 passengers to Oklahoma City last year, will offer transportation to 20 destinations including St. Louis and Dallas.
Oklahoma City council member John Pettis said he hopes the new station will help redevelopment in the area.
For now, the original station at 427 W. Sheridan is still the only operating station.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring