101-year-old woman robbed by violent assailant
OKLAHOMA CITY — A 101-year-old woman is robbed in her home by a man who mistreated the frail lady.
A robber forced his way into the woman’s northwest Oklahoma City apartment, threw her to the floor and took her TV, Oklahoma City police reported.
Dat Thi Hua was at home Tuesday in at her apartment in the 7500 block of N.W. 6th when she heard a knock at the door about 9:30 p.m. Hua, who speaks Vietnamese and lives alone, talked to police through her son acting as an interpreter.
She said she opened the door and a man forced his way inside the apartment.
He threw her to the floor and motioned for her to be quiet. Hua, who is 5-foot-1 and 117 pounds, stood up, bowed to show submission, backed into a bedroom and locked the door, she told police.
Her caretaker stopped by, learned what had happened and called police. A 32-inch television was missing from the apartment, police said.
The robber is described as a Hispanic male, 50 to 60 years old, about 5-foot-7 inches and 170 pounds. Hua said her attacker was strong, but she did not see his hair or eye color.
Police have not made an arrest in the case.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns