Confused home intruder terrifies girls that were home alone
OKLAHOMA CITY – A local family is on edge after an intruder kicked in their front door Sunday night, while two girls were inside the house home alone.
The incident happened just after 5 p.m. Sunday night and security cameras captured the whole thing.
The homeowner, too scared to show her face on camera, said her 12-year-old granddaughter and her 14-year-old friend were home alone when a man started yelling and pounding on the front door.
The two girls hid in the garage when they heard the commotion.
The man was able to kick in the door but soon realized he had made a mistake.
The family says that when he came inside the home, he said, “Wrong house” and walked out.
The homeowner said, “[The girls were] scared to death and they were hiding. You know, the screaming and the yelling and then the door coming in. It was very frightening.”
Except for the broken front door, the confused intruder didn’t damage anything else.
The girl’s mother did not want to go on camera, but said the girls are now recovering from the scare.
If you recognize the man, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at (405) 235-7300.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger