Oklahoma ranks in best U.S. cities for military employment
OKLAHOMA CITY – Veterans looking for jobs outside of the military might want to consider relocating to Oklahoma City.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes program announced the top 10 best places for veterans to get jobs Wednesday.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for veterans under the age of 25 is almost 20 percent.
Officials said overall veteran unemployment is two percent higher than the national average.
Researchers looked at the top industries employing post-9/11 veterans, unemployment rates and recent job growth across 379 metro areas.
The study also factored in access to healthcare and higher education.
1. Houston, Texas
2. Dallas, Texas
3. Minneapolis, Minnesota
4. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5. Austin, Texas
6. Norfolk, Virginia
7. Tampa, Florida
8. Salt Lake City, Utah
9. Orlando, Florida
10. Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors