Girls home alone hide as intruder breaks down front door
OKLAHOMA CITY – A local family is on edge after an intruder kicked in their front door Sunday night, while two girls were inside the house home alone.
It happened just after 5 p.m. when the homeowner’s 12-year-old granddaughter and her 14-year-old friend were by themselves.
The family told NewsChannel 4 the intruder cut across the front yard before yelling and pounding on the front door.
The man eventually kicked it in, came inside and said, “Wrong house” before fleeing.
Some of his actions were caught on the home’s surveillance system.
When the girls heard the commotion, they hid in the garage and called police.
They are now recovering from their scare.
Except for a broken front door, the intruder caused no other damage.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online