Local mother shares story of rare cancer diagnosis
OKLAHOMA CITY – October is breast cancer awareness month and most women know the warnings about getting regular screenings such as mammograms.
However, a personal story sometimes drives home the importance of being vigilant.
For Jamie Duque, her fight against cancer started in September when she noticed a small lump that she thought was nothing.
To be safe, she decided to get checked out and soon was diagnosed with a rare and invasive type of cancer.
She stopped by our studios to talk about what every woman needs to know and what treatment options she has now.
To find out how you can help, Jamie’s friends and family have set up a website to tell her story and educate others.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him