Oklahoman a finalist in Today Show’s “Teacher of the Year” contest
DUKE, Okla. – An Oklahoma teacher is being recognized for her outstanding efforts to go above and beyond for her students on a national platform.
Susan Bull is the second-grade teacher at Duke Public Schools and is a finalist for Kathie Lee and Hoda’s Teacher of the Year contest on the Today Show.
Bull was nominated by a Rashell Johnson, whose daughter is a special needs student in Bull’s class.
Johnson says she is the kind of teacher who goes out of her way to change expectations and figure out the best way to teach each student.
She has organized school trips with her own money as a reward for special needs students.
Bull said, “When I realized that this incredible mother was taking time out to nominate me, how else can you feel but humble, honored and so loved.”
Bull is currently in second place with 32 percent of the votes.
To read her story, or to cast a vote, visit the Today Show’s website.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse