Firefighters extinguish warehouse fire, 122 workers evacuated
OKLAHOMA CITY — A large warehouse fire near S.E. 27th and High Avenue has been contained to the ventilation system and extinguished.
The fire department was passing when they noticed a large amount of smoke coming from the turbine on the roof.
They called for fire back-up and started investigating.
They evacuated 122 workers from the warehouse. Reports say that apparently they were unaware the structure’s ventilation system had caught fire.
They also called for utility companies to come shut off power to the building.
It appears the fire started in the vent system of the building.
The industrial building was the Cameron Valves and Measurements.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom