Horse slaughter facilities now legal in Oklahoma
OKLAHOMA CITY – Horse slaughter facilities are now legal in Oklahoma.
Gov. Mary Fallin signed the controversial bill back in March.
House Bill 1999 will allow the slaughtering facilities to operate in Oklahoma.
The horse meat would be processed and then exported to foreign countries for consumption.
Supporters of the bill claimed horses endured inhumane conditions at facilities in other countries.
Critics said the bill would allow those same practices to occur closer to home.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring