Man charged for allegedly abusing 3-year-old boy
OKLAHOMA CITY - A local man is facing multiple charges after police say he is suspected of abusing a child.
Oklahoma City police received a call from the child’s mother, saying that she thought her boyfriend may have injured her son on Wednesday.
According to a police report, the woman told police that she left her 3-year-old son with her live-in boyfriend for about 45 minutes.
When she was gone, her boyfriend allegedly called her to say that he was cleaning up the child’s head from where he fell down the stairs.
She admitted that the child had fallen earlier in the day but she says she did not see any marks on him before she left.
She told officers that she rushed home and her boyfriend, 33-year-old Brandon Nash, immediately left the house and that is when she saw the child’s injuries.
She took pictures of the boy’s injuries and called police the next day.
According to the police affidavit, officers noticed the child had a knot and a small cut on the top of his head, bruising on his neck consistent with finger marks and a mark on his jaw line.
Authorities say the child also appeared to have swelling and bruising on his back.
Police arrested Brandon Nash on one count of child abuse and one count of domestic abuse.
He also faces a charge of driving under suspension.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him