Thunder Eaten Up By Timberwolves
The Oklahoma City Thunder were outplayed from the start on Friday night in Minneapolis, as the Minnesota Timberwolves routed OKC 100-81.
The Thunder fell behind big early and could never put a serious dent in the Minnesota lead.
Jeremy Lamb led OKC with 16 points, while Kevin Durant had 13 points on just 4 of 11 shooting.
The Thunder trailed by 15 points after the first quarter and by 20 at halftime.
OKC turned the ball over 21 times, seven of those by Reggie Jackson.
The Thunder shot just 35 percent from the field, and made just 7 of 31 shots from 3-point range.
Kevin Love paced the Timberwolves with 24 points and 12 rebounds, while Ricky Rubio also had a double-double with 14 points and 10 assists.
The Thunder drop to 1-1 on the season, and will play their home opener Sunday night at 6:00 against Phoenix.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him