OU Women Whip Cameron in Exhibition Opener
Oklahoma’s women’s basketball team had an impressive first half on their way to a 102-48 win over Cameron in their exhibition opener Saturday night at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman.
Senior guard Aaryn Ellenberg led all scorers with 24 points, hitting four of seven from three-point range, and adding six rebounds and four steals.
Sharane Campbell added 17 points and 7 rebounds, while Nicole Kornet was also in double figures with 13 points.
Two freshman from the Oklahoma City area had an impressive debuts in OU uniforms.
Former Carl Albert star Gioya Cartear had nine points and four rebounds, while former Northeast Viking T’ona Edwards filled up her stat line with 8 points, 12 assists, and 7 rebounds.
OU shot 58 percent from the field in the first half and led 68-19 at halftime.
The Sooners cooled off in the second half, but still finished the game shooting 50 percent from the floor.
Oklahoma also outrebounded the Aggies by 24.
The Sooners will finish up exhibition play on Tuesday night against the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'