Betsy Smittle, Tulsa musician and sister of Garth Brooks, dies at age 60
TULSA, Okla. – Betsy Smittle, Tulsa musician and sister of country superstar Garth Brooks, has passed away.
Ninde Funeral Home confirms that Smittle, 60, died Saturday, November 2, 2013.
Smittle was a bass guitar player who toured with Brooks for several years. She also released a solo album entitled “Rough Around The Edges.”
She was a gay rights advocate who performed in gay pride events around the state.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger