Birmingham airport ‘all clear’ after written bomb threat prompts evacuation
UPDATE 6:27 p.m.: Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is all clear after the discovery of a written bomb threat prompted an evacuation Sunday afternoon.
ALABAMA - A terminal at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in Alabama has been evacuated, the airport said on its Twitter account Sunday.
The evacuation was prompted by a threat received around 4 p.m., the airport said. No other information was immediately available.
The incident comes just days after a gunman opened fire in the Los Angeles International Airport, killing a TSA officer and wounding three other people.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online