Birmingham airport ‘all clear’ after written bomb threat prompts evacuation
UPDATE 6:27 p.m.: Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is all clear after the discovery of a written bomb threat prompted an evacuation Sunday afternoon.
ALABAMA - A terminal at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in Alabama has been evacuated, the airport said on its Twitter account Sunday.
The evacuation was prompted by a threat received around 4 p.m., the airport said. No other information was immediately available.
The incident comes just days after a gunman opened fire in the Los Angeles International Airport, killing a TSA officer and wounding three other people.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him