Grease fire causes $30,000 worth of damage to OKC home
OKLAHOMA CITY – One family is counting its blessings after escaping from their burning home on Sunday.
Fire crews were called to a home in the 1300 block of N.E. 27th St. after the house was consumed in flames.
A resident told authorities that when his wife was cooking dinner, grease splashed and caused a fire that quickly got out of control.
Five family members, including a man in a wheelchair, were in the front yard when crews arrived on scene.
One person was treated for minor smoke inhalation but no one suffered any major injuries.
The residents say they are glad everyone is alright and everything else can be replaced.
Fire officials say the home suffered up to $30,000 worth of damage.
- 'I blame both sides,' Oklahoma militia members join fight against feds
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- A mother's love: Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter in Pit Bull attack
- Biological mother wants adopted son back from powerful family