Busy railroad crossing still closed as construction continues
EDMOND, Okla. — A major construction project in Edmond was scheduled to wrap up Tuesday but officials say it could still be a few days before the area is reopened to traffic.
Workers started repairing the railroad crossing on Danforth, between Broadway and Thomas Dr., on Sunday.
The crossing had a few sinking tracks that needed to be restored to the same grade as the road.
Authorities with the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad expected the project to be complete by the end of Tuesday.
However, workers are still replacing the tracks so it could take a few days for the crossing to be reopened.
Once the replacement is finished, city crews will begin working on the asphalt.
Currently, drivers are not able to travel on Danforth in either direction.
Edmond officials encourage everyone who usually travels on Danforth to find an alternate route.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse