UPDATE: Oklahoma City man killed after being run over by Bobcat
OKLAHOMA CITY — A construction project turns deadly for a metro man over the weekend.
Oklahoma City police say a 36-year-old man died on Saturday after being run over by a Bobcat skid loader.
Police say the victim had been helping a friend when he got run over by the heavy equipment.
The victim died immediately on scene.
The two men were using the Bobcat to clear the wooded area near Jones.
“The Bobcat’s are rather quick in their movements. It appears the man was just too close and the operator could not see because his view was obstructed,” said Oklahoma City police capt Dexter Nelson.
The victim of the accident is Matt Carr out of Bethany.
Police were called to look into the case, but don’t think a crime was committed.
“Oklahoma City police will investigate any industrial incident to determine if there’s foul play. Based on the investigation, it appears to be a totally an accident, a tragic accident as well,” said Nelson.
The driver of Bobcat isn’t being identified.
Right now it doesn’t appear that any criminal charges will be filed in the case.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him