Pharmacy helping residents stay healthy with free health screenings
OKLAHOMA CITY – It seems that when the weather changes this time of year, a lot of people get sick.
Now, a national pharmacy chain is making sure your health can handle the sicknesses floating around this season.
They are offering free health checks at different locations across the metro for the next week.
Those checks include cholesterol checks, blood pressure and glucose tests.
Usually, all of those tests combined would cost you over $100 but participating Walgreens locations are offering them for free.
Residents can get a health check from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday at the Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City, near N.E. 39th St. and Martin Luther King.
Other free screening events are as follows:
- Nov. 7 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Walgreens, located at 1427 N. Harrison St. in Shawnee.
- Nov. 8 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Walgreens, located at 6000 S. Pennsylvania Ave. in Oklahoma City.
- Nov. 10 from 10 p.m. to 4 p.m.: St. John Missionary Baptist Church, located at 5700 N. Kelley Ave. in Oklahoma City.
- Nov. 11 from 11 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Walgreens, located at 101 N. Midwest Blvd. in Midwest City.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him