Mustang eighth grader wins writing contest
MUSTANG, Okla. – Published authors selected an eighth grade Mustang student’s story as the winner of a local fiction writing contest.
Bridgett McGill, who is an eighth grader at Mustang Middle School, won the 2013 Carolyn A. Klepper Youth Fiction Writing Contest.
The contest was sponsored by the Friends of the Mustang Public Library and received entries from across the world, including Canada and Indonesia.
McGill submitted her story “At a Loss,” which is a modern military story that takes place in Iraq.
On Thursday, organizers will give her a plaque and $500.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him