Agencies team up to present free Informed Senior Seminar
OKLAHOMA CITY – When it comes to health and wellness issues, it can be tough to figure out exactly where to turn.
The Oklahoma City Police Department is partnering with other agencies to present a free Informed Senior Seminar on Friday, Nov. 8.
From 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m., senior citizens will be able to talk to dermatologists, chiropractors and doctors specializing in internal medicine about any medical questions or concerns.
Organizers say guests will also meet with representatives from the following agencies:
- Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office: Speaking about scams that target seniors.
- OKC Fire Department: Discussing fall and fire prevention.
- OKC-County Health Department: Showcasing social media.
- Oklahoma Independent Living Resources: Speaking about aging in place.
- Alzheimer’s Association.
The Informed Senior Seminar will be held at the OSU-OKC student center on the third floor, located at 900 N. Portland Ave.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. on Friday.
Visitors will also be entered to win a variety of door prizes.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online