Sheriff warning of new scam targeting elderly; Callers impersonating deputies
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s office is sending out a warning about a new scam targeting the elderly.
Officials said the latest tactic involves callers impersonating “deputies” claiming you have outstanding fines.
The callers ask you to purchase a pre-paid card to pay the fines.
Officials said two inmates in Georgia are believed to be behind the scam.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him