Frugal Friday: Freebies for vets & your chance to win Rihanna tickets
– The Custom Dental Team will provide free cleanings, tooth extractions and fillings to veterans Monday. Vets will need to make an appointment.
– The Grandison Inn at Maney Park Bed and Breakfast is letting vets stay for half price Sunday and for free Monday.
– Monday at the OKC Zoo, all active duty, active reserves, retirees and up to five guests get in free.
– The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum is giving vets and up to six family members free admission Sunday.
Also, don’t miss the Veterans Day Parades.
– 45th Infantry Division Museum’s patriotic ceremony begins at 10 a.m. Monday and features guest speakers, a helicopter flyover and massing of the colors.
A Grammy-winning artist is coming to Oklahoma City next week.
Rihanna, maybe you’ve heard of her?
Tonight we are giving away tickets to Rihanna’s concert at the Chesapeake Energy Arena Tuesday.
Watch Frugal Friday on News Channel 4 at 6 p.m. for your chance to win!
This Veterans Day in Enid will be one to remember with several events built around a very special dedication.
The Woodring Wall of Honor and Veterans Park at the Enid Woodring Regional Airport is now the permanent home for an 80-percent replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.
The traveling wall, which has been all over the United States, is now retired in Enid.
The dedication ceremony is set for Veterans Day at 11 a.m., on 11/11 at 11 a.m.
The key speaker will be Col. Leon “Lee” Ellis, author of the award winning book, “Leading with Honor: Leadership Lessons front the Hanoi Hilton” in which he shares his prisoner of war experience and the 14 leadership principals that helped him and his compatriots resist, survive and return with honor.
The ceremony will also include Grammy-nominated trumpeter David Hooten, a 21-gun salute by the Silver Talon Honor Guard from Vance Air Force Base, a flyover of Vietnam-era aircraft and special music from a youth honor choir.
Enid invites the public to come out and spend Veterans Day honoring the veterans.
If you’re looking to make the most of the last few days of this glorious weather, head to Guthrie Saturday.
Enjoy a leisurely evening at Guthrie’s Art Walk.
From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. stroll through the art galleries downtown in one of Oklahoma’s most noted historic districts.
See works from local and national artists and take in other live entertainment on the bricks all evening.
Blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose, comprehensive weight assessment – $100 value
6000 S. Pennsylvania Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73159
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
St. John Missionary Baptist Church
5700 N. Kelley Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
101 N Midwest Blvd
Midwest City, OK 73110
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.