Bridal shop giving away free gowns to military brides
OKLAHOMA CITY – While many Americans are finding ways to give back to veterans this holiday, a local bridal shop is helping military brides have a once-in-a-lifetime wedding.
RL Bridal & Prom is giving away free wedding gowns to military brides as part of the Brides Across America campaign.
Many times, military brides find it difficult to plan their perfect wedding because of deployment, injury and economic hardship.
In order to receive a free dress, brides must meet the following qualifications:
- Brides or their fiance must be serving in the military, either currently deployed, have a future deployment or have been deployed within the last five years.
- The member of the military must have been deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, the Middle East, Korea or Japan.
- Brides must pre-register for the event.
- Brides must bring proper identification, along with deployment papers to the event.
RL Bridal & Prom will be hosting the Brides Across America campaign on Nov. 18.
The store is located at 5645 N. Pennsylvania Ave. in Oklahoma City.
To register, visit the Brides Across America website.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours