Need to return a gift? The fight against fraud may get in the way
If you are planning out your holiday purchases, you might want to get in the habit of making sure you get the right item.
Retailers are expected to restrict returns next year.
Kiplinger is reporting that shoppers should get ready for shorter time frames to bring an item back to the store.
Also, prepare to show a photo ID.
The changes come as stores are fighting fraud and the practice of “wardrobing.”
“Wardrobing” occurs when someone purchases an item of clothing, uses it and then returns it.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger