Red Cross helps you thank a veteran with ‘Holiday Mail for Heroes’
OKLAHOMA CITY – Veteran’s Day is a time when everyone across the country should thank a member of the military.
However, a campaign by the American Red Cross allows you to show your support in a very special way during the holidays.
The Red Cross’ “Holiday Mail for Heroes” campaign is now underway.
Members of the military and their families often spend the holidays apart but a simple card or letter can add some cheer to the holiday season.
Since 2006, more than 6.5 million cards and letters have been delivered to members of the U.S. military and their families.
To participate, residents are encouraged to send a card to the following address:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791
The deadline for cards is Dec. 6.
For more information, visit the Red Cross’ website.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse