Tortillas now outselling hamburger and hotdog buns
Tortillas are now outselling hamburger and hot dog buns at grocery stores across the country.
Americans pay roughly $2.9 billion a year for tortillas compared, to $2.1 billion for buns.
Tortilla factories like the one at Vista Market Place in El Paso, Texas can’t say they’re surprised that tortillas have become so popular.
“Customers come from all sides of town just looking for our tortillas,” says Vista Market Place’s Ruben Sandoval.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger