Veteran’s Day ceremony to be held at state capitol
OKLAHOMA CITY – Americans and Oklahomans will be saying thank you to our troops and their families in different ways this holiday.
“It is a privilege to celebrate and honor our U.S. veterans,” said Kristen Brown, Junior League president. “This is a small way that we can show our appreciation to the men and women who have been called to defend our freedom. For their service we are eternally grateful.”
There are events planned across the state to honor our veterans, including a public event at the Oklahoma State Capitol.
“The Junior League also volunteers with A Soldier’s Story project at the Veterans Administration Medical Center,” continued Brown.
Kristen Brown, the president of the Junior League of Oklahoma City, and Cindy Henderon, with the Daughters of the American Revolution, stopped by our studios with more information on the event.
The Veteran’s Day ceremony is happening at the capitol at 3:30 p.m. at the Veteran’s Memorial.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online