Boat catches fire on Lake Arcadia
EDMOND, Okla. –
Edmond fire fighters were dealing with an unusual blaze Tuesday night.
A boat on Lake Arcadia caught fire.
Capt. Richard Ragland says a man was winterizing his parent’s boat on the launch ramp with he heard a loud popping noise.
That’s when the fire started. The man jumped off and pushed the boat into the water.
Capt. Ragland says that’s not such a bad idea, but it did pose problems.
“Safest thing to do is try to put distance between yourself and the boat, but putting it into the water created some additional problems for us trying to gain access and then it ended up close to this boat dock,” said Capt. Ragland.
Fire fighters had the fire under control before it spread to the dock house.
The man on board was not injured
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns