Holiday tradition on ice returns to Edmond soon
EDMOND, Okla. - A holiday tradition on ice is coming back to Edmond this month.
The Edmond Outdoor Ice Rink will be open at the Festival Market Place in Downtown Edmond Nov. 22 to Jan. 5.
City of Edmond officials said the ice rink will be one of the largest in the area.
It boasts free parking and is close to shops and local eateries.
“We are excited to continue sponsorship of this holiday activity in our community. We welcome residents and visitors of all ages to experience this outstanding ice rink and continue this holiday tradition in our downtown,” said Casey Moore Edmond’s Public Information Officer.
Visitors can also bring a non-perishable food or toy donation to receive a $2 discount off admission. This promotion will benefit the Hope Center of Edmond and No Boundaries.
The ice rink will open each day from noon to 10 p.m.
Except Thanksgiving (4 p.m. – 10 p.m.), Christmas (noon – 5 p.m.), and stays open until 11 p.m. on New Year’s Eve.
Cost is $10 for those over 5 years old
- $9 with Military ID
- $7 for those who bring their own skates
- $5 for those 5 and under
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours