Thunder player to miss next two games following death in family
OKLAHOMA CITY – As the Thunder heads to California for a three game road series, beginning Wednesday, one key player stayed behind.
Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kendrick Perkins is not traveling with the team so he can be with his family in Texas following the death of his grandfather.
According to NBC Sports, Perkins will miss the Thunder’s next two games against the Clippers and Golden State.
Rookie center Steven Adams will start in Perkins’ place.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'