Oklahomans enduring subzero temperatures in newest health craze
We have heard of athletes taking an ice bath to relieve pain.
Now the newest health and wellness craze is taking that idea to a whole new level.
The trend is being used right here in Oklahoma and many say it sounds a bit bizarre.
It kind of looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie; liquid nitrogen billowing around a head sticking out of what looks like a tanning bed.
However, it is anything but warm in there; temperatures are plummeting well below zero.
Why are Oklahomans freezing themselves?
Advocates say it is the latest way to cleanse toxins from your system.
Would you try it?
KFOR-TV’s Sarah Stewart was curious and is checking out the deep freeze for herself.
She will be back to talk about her experience at 10 p.m.
Currently the only Cryospa open in Oklahoma is in Tulsa.
But another one is scheduled to open in Norman in a few weeks.
Cryo Performance Therapy
227 34th Avenue SW
Norman, OK 73072
Phone: (405) 888.5455
[ MAP IT ]
The Cryo Spa
10130 S Memorial Dr.
Tulsa, OK 74133
Phone: (918) 394.2796
[ MAP IT ]
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online