EMSA urges holiday safety when hanging lights, decorating home
Our Holiday Home
EMSA is urging residents to take precautions when putting up holiday lights.
To prevent injury or accidents they ask decorators to consider basic safety rules:
- Have a partner: This person is there in case of injury and can hold the ladder
- Ladder safety: Remember to have a ladder one foot from the wall for every four feet of height.
- Slips and falls: Do not get on the roof if it appears wet, even if it’s morning dew and make sure to wear closed-toe shoes with good traction.
- Lights: Do not pull or stress light cords and make sure to use outside lights only on the exterior of your home. Turn them off when you go to bed and stay away from power lines or feeder lines.
EMSA officials said they have already responded to holiday-related injuries this season.
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- UPDATE: Woman turns self in for stealing toys from baby's grave after caught on tape
- Expect a warm windy Friday; potential severe weather coming this weekend
- Police: 83-year-old 'Ganja Granny' arrested for pot peddling near school