Hearing for teens accused in Duncan”thrill kill” delayed
DUNCAN, Okla. – A case that stunned families in two countries has now been delayed.
Earlier this year, 22-year-old Christopher Lane was gunned down while jogging in Duncan.
Lane, who was from Australia, was visiting his girlfriend when he was shot and killed.
Three teens were arrested for the crime.
Authorities say 15-year-old James Edwards, Jr. and 16-year-old Chancey Luna are charged with first-degree murder.
On Nov. 6, it was announced that 17-year-old Michael Jones will also be charged with first-degree murder as an adult.
Jones is also suspected in another shooting that happened earlier that day.
All the suspects’ preliminary hearings were scheduled for Nov. 20.
However, the hearings have been moved to early February.
Officials say the teens will remain in the Stephens County Jail without bond.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring