Dangerous side effects reported after students crush, snort popular candy
A new fad that is spreading across America’s schools has children crushing a popular candy into powder form and snorting it.
The potential problems from the “sugar rush” or “smoking Smarties” is a long list.
Officials say everything from infections, chronic coughing, scarring, asthma, bleeding and even death is possible.
In rare cases, maggots can actually feed off the sugary dust that is left behind in a child’s nose.
Despite all the dangers, many kids are still snorting the candy and uploading their escapades to YouTube.
Doctors are now urging parents and teachers tell their children that snorting Smarties is not a game.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts