Fall festival at Moore Medical Center site canceled
NORMAN, Okla. – Six months after a massive tornado tore through the City of Moore, visitors were going to be able to get a first hand look at a facility that is replacing one of the most memorable buildings destroyed during the storm.
Norman Regional had planned a fall festival this weekend at the temporary medical facility, located on the site of the old Moore Medical Center.
However, organizers have canceled the event because of the possibility of inclement weather.
Norman Regional Health Systems says the Moore Medical Center Emergency Services facility will open in early December and offer 24/7 treatment to the Moore community.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger