Moore City Council matching money to rebuild Moore’s Veterans Park
MOORE, Okla. – Another big step toward the rebuilding efforts in Moore.
Earlier this month, city leaders received $100,000 from Coca-Cola, to be used for renovations at Veterans Memorial Park.
The park was destroyed in the May 20 tornado.
Earlier this year, it won the title as “America’s Best Park of 2013.”
About 12,000 parks competed in the nationwide contest and Veterans Park got the most votes!
We’re told the money will be used to build a new playground.
In addition to the money from Coca-Cola, the Moore City Council has also approved funds to match that donation.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring