Trevor Knight named Sooners starting quarterback against K-State
NORMAN, Okla. – Just moments after learning that a star running back will not be playing for the Sooners, fans also heard that starting quarterback Blake Bell will also be on the sideline.
Bell was injured in the second quarter of last week’s 48-10 win over Iowa State after being hit in the head.
Freshman Trevor Knight finished out the game with 123 rushing yards and 61 passing yards.
Officials say Bell has not practiced and will not play in Saturday’s game.
With Bell out, Knight will make his first road start for the Sooners.
Knight was originally named the starting quarterback at the beginning of the season, before being replaced by Bell in the game against West Virginia.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him