Discount store to give free books to children on ‘Booksgiving Day’
OKLAHOMA CITY – A popular bookstore that gives customers a break on popular titles is now giving the gift of reading to children later this week.
Half Price Books is inviting parents and children to head to their locations on Nov. 23 for ‘Booksgiving.’
Organizers say children can enjoy a story time at 1 p.m. and leave the store with a free book.
Company officials say the event hopes to expose more children to reading.
“Having access to books in the home is one of the keys to fostering a love of reading among children,” said Kathy Doyle Thomas, executive vice president and chief strategy officer of Half Price Books. “We hope Booksgiving Day encourages more families to read during the holiday season.”
To participate, just head to one of the following Half Price Book stores in the metro:
- 6500 N. May Ave., near N.W. 63rd St., in Oklahoma City
- 1449 W. I-240 Service Rd., in Oklahoma City
- 1159 E. Second St., in Edmond.
- 'I blame both sides,' Oklahoma militia members join fight against feds
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- A mother's love: Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter in Pit Bull attack
- Biological mother wants adopted son back from powerful family