Update on Service Interruption for Dish Subscribers — Click here
Follow storms on KFOR live interactive radar

Man dies after being shocked while working on OKC billboard

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
possible electrocution2

OKLAHOMA CITY – A man has died after he was possibly shocked while working on a billboard in Oklahoma City.

A family member confirmed the death to KFOR.

The victim’s name is David Wayne Emo.

Oklahoma City police and emergency crews were called to a sign near the Reynolds Ford Lincoln car dealership, located near Memorial Rd. and Walker, shortly before 2 p.m. Thursday.possible electrocution1

Officials confirm that the man was working on a billboard when he was shocked.

Family and friends have set up a memorial fund to help his family pay for funeral expenses.

The fund is the David Wayne Emo Memorial Fund at Tinker Federal Credit Union.

They say all locations will be accepting donations.