Shoppers stock up in case ice keeps them locked up at home
Edmond, Okla. – Shoppers shuffle through the isles by the dozens at the Edmond Crest, like Cynthia Lawrence, stocking up in case ice keeps them locked up in their homes.
“Don’t want to get outside,” said Lawrence. “Stay warm.. You got to have food to eat.”
Cashiers at the 15th St. store checked out double the customers since the winter weather blew through, but what’s going in the bags?
The top items on shoppers’ lists:
“The milk and the eggs and buscuits,” said Lawrence.
Managers say milk always goes fast when weather worsens.
Another hot item are the de-icers, a good grab in the cold conditions.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him