OU Women Fall at UCLA
The 10th-ranked Oklahoma women’s basketball team lost 82-76 at UCLA on Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles.
The Bruins outrebounded the Sooners by 21, and three OU players fouled out: Kaylon Williams, Sharane Campbell, and Gioya Carter.
Oklahoma led by as many as 14 in the first half, but UCLA came back to tie it at 43 at halftime, and the lead swapped hands several times in the second half
before UCLA took the lead for good with just under 5 and a half minutes to play in the game.
Nicole Griffin led OU with 19 points, while Campbell added 13 and Williams 12.
OU’s preseason All-Big 12 guard Aaryn Ellenberg was held to 11 points and made just 2 of 13 field goal attempts.
Ellenberg did not make a 3-pointer, ending a streak of 27 straight games with at least one 3-point make.
It also ended a streak of 19 straight games where Ellenberg had made at least two 3-pointers.
The Bruins had two players combine for 55 of their 82 points, with Atonye Nyingifa scoring 28 points and grabbing 16 rebounds, while Nirra Fields scored 27 points with 9 rebounds.
Oklahoma eliminated UCLA from the NCAA Tournament last year in the second round in Columbus, Ohio.
OU drops to 4-2 on the season.
The Sooners host Creighton next Sunday at noon at the Lloyd Noble Center.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns