Department warning citizens about dangers of unlicensed locksmiths
OKLAHOMA CITY – When you install new locks or an alarm system, you may think you are protecting your family.
However, a local agency says you may be inviting criminals into your home.
The Oklahoma Department of Labor says it is cracking down on unlicensed locksmiths and alarm installers.
The department regulates and licenses the alarm and locksmith industry.
Officials say they have found a growing number of unlicensed locksmith and unlicensed businesses providing services in Oklahoma, while located in other states.
The Oklahoma Department of Labor asks that anytime you call for a locksmith or have an alarm installed, ask to see the business’ license.
If you have questions or concerns, call 1-888-269-5353 and ask for the Alarm and Lock unit.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'