Trouble in Toyland: Group releases list potentially dangerous toys for Black Friday
Just in time for Black Friday, the yearly list of potentially dangerous toys is being released.
The U.S. Public Interest Research Group is issuing its report on toys that pose dangers from chocking hazards to lead content, toxic chemicals and other problems.
The organization will also publish an online toy safety quiz where parents and others can learn more about the risks.
Consumer advocates are warning parents to be mindful not to choose toys that could pose a hazard to children.
Toys that pose choking hazards:
- Princess Wand
- Bead Kit
- Littlest Pet Shop #2744 Horse
- Littlest Pet Shop – Candyswirl Dreams Collection #3313
- Littlest Pet Shop- Sunil Nevla
- Littlest Pet Shop- Candyswirl Dreams Collection #3317
- Littlest Pet Shop- Seal and Dolphins
- Gobble Gobble Guppies
- Super Play Food Set
- Fisher-Price Loving Family Outdoor Barbeque
- Punch Balloons
Toys containing lead and other toxic chemicals:
- Captain America Soft Shield
- Rings from Greenbrier International
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pencil Case
- Lamaze Take and Tidy Activity Mat
- Monster High Skelita Halloween Costume
Potentially hazardous magnet toys:
- Sonic Sound Sizzlers Noise Magnets
Potential noise hazards:
- Chat & Count Smart Phone
- Lil’ Pal Phone
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Remote
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online