Teen arrested after admitting to setting her boyfriend’s house on fire
OKLAHOMA CITY – A teenager is behind bars after fire investigators say she admitted to setting her boyfriend’s house on fire.
The young man and his mother were inside the home at the time.
Luckily, the fire did not get out of control.
However, fire officials say they work about 500 arsons a year and many are started after arguments between family members or significant others.
Chief Randy Williams, with the Oklahoma City Fire Department, said, “Unfortunately, some people think that’s a way to get rid of their frustration and they need to find a better avenue for that.”
As for the young woman who was arrested, she is 17-years-old but we’re told she will be charged as an adult.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger