What are your Thanksgiving Day traditions? Here are some recent survey results, see where your holiday activities fall on the list.
Top Thanksgiving traditions:
- 82% indulge in holiday food
- 80% visit with family and friends
- 51% share what I’m thankful for
- 42% watch football games/sporting events
- 32% watch holiday movies/festive parades
Favorite traditional Thanksgiving food:
- 41% will enjoy turkey
- 19% will eat stuffing
- 10% will have pumpkin pie for dessert
Dining in vs. out
- 85% will eat Thanksgiving dinner at home
- 15% will dine at a restaurant that day
Black Friday Shopping
- 45% of U.S. respondents plan to take a Black Friday shopping trip, a 12 percent increase from those that anticipated doing so in 2012.
How will you tie together Thanksgiving and Hanukkah (Thanksgivukkah):
- Eat a medley of traditional Thanksgiving and Hanukkah foods (68%)
- Light a menorah during Thanksgiving dinner (68%)
- Exchange Hanukkah gifts during Thanksgiving dinner (40%)
TripAdvisor sponsored this survey with 1,200 people responding.