Downtown in December includes snow tubing at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
Oklahoma City, Okla.- Downtown in December has a long list of family fun activities throughout the metro this Holiday season, including the SandRidge tree lighting ceremony happening Friday night right outside the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Also at the ballpark is Chesapeake Energy’s snow tubing.
“It’s been a downtown Oklahoma City tradition for several, several years,” said Alex Freedman, with the Oklahoma City RedHawks.
Riders slide from the ballpark`s upper deck, all the way down to the field on a hill of manmade snow.
There are two slopes; one is 150 feet long with rapid speeds.
The other slope is a little bit smaller, made for the children and moderate thrill seekers.
“It’s just a great way for people to come out and enjoy some great family entertainment,” said Alex Freedman.
The snow tubing is part of Downtown in December, a festive time of year with dozens of activities like ice skating and water taxi rides.
All events are family friendly and affordable; some of them are even free.
“We hope that people will come down for Downtown in December will see the revitalization of Downtown and how much it’s changed,” said Gentry McKeown, with Downtown OKC Inc.
For more information on Downtown in December events and snow tubing times and costs, visit downtownindecember.com
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger